Wind Power Engineering Manager – JV Global Renewable Developer
- Leading developer currently expanding in Vietnam with 600 MW projects signed
- Vietnamese expert on Wind Farm project management from design to delivery
About Our Client
Leading renewable developer company with worldwide onshore/offshore wind and solar projects. They focus on develop, construct and operate renewable energy assets globally and are committed to delivering its projects to the highest safety standards.
- The Engineering Manager, reporting directly to the Development Director, will be responsible of the following activities:
- Deliver fully engineered wind projects from preliminary studies to commissioning
- Safety, health, environment and quality performance for the engineering team
- Manage the design progression of the nearshore wind sites through all stages of development including complete engineering process, geotechnical investigations, wind turbine foundation preliminary designs, array cable layout and onsite substation preliminary designs, grid connection finalisation
- Selection and management of consultants to assist in the above areas
- Interacting with permitting stakeholders at local, provincial and national levels
- Interaction with the relevant in-house teams: energy analysis, development, construction, finance, corporate affairs, corporate finance, management
- Performance reporting on progress against Business targets
- Owning and managing the JV engineering budget
- Identifying, recruiting and retaining the human capital required to deliver the JV targets
- Ensuring effective risk management is in place across the JV development business.
- Participate on behalf of the JV on the board or working groups of the relevant wind local and national industry forums.
The Successful Applicant
The Ideal candidate, with Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering, has 10+ years experience on Power Generation Project management within Vietnam. Has perfect knowledge of the Vietnam’s energy policies, grid connection agreement process, permitting system and environmental legislation, preferably with Renewables Energies knowledge. Project management experience is required and a project management qualification (such as PMP-PMI) would be an advantage. Fluency in English and Vietnamese is a must.
What’s on Offer
Excellent career opportunity within a booming market, managing all local projects of a global player.